Donations can be made in person with cash, cheque, debit, or credit at our Guest Services kiosk. Cheques can be made out to “Calvary Church Woodstock”.
Donations can be made securely online through Tithe.ly.
Donations can be made by simply texting the word “give” to (226) 240-1600. You’ll be prompted to set up a secure account through Tithe.ly, and then giving is as simple as texting the number you’d like to donate.
Why Do We Give?
We believe that giving (tithing) is an integral part of our relationship with God.
Giving is a way for us to follow through on what He’s asked us to do. In the Bible, God tells us to, “Honour God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.” (Malachi 3:8-12; Proverbs 3:9)
- Giving acknowledges God as the giver of everything we have. (James 1:17)
- Giving reflects our trust that God will provide for us. It is our way of refusing to allow our possessions to consume or define us. (Matthew 6:19-24)
- Giving allows us to be active participants in God’s work on earth. (2 Cor 9:6-7)
The Bible teaches us that our baseline standard for giving is the tithe (Lev 27:30) – contributing 10% of our income to the church. At Calvary, we know tithing has been a turning point for many people to experience the blessings of Jesus.
When God stirs us to give beyond our tithe, it’s referred to as an offering. You can direct your offering to the cause that resonates with you personally.
The 90 Day Challenge
Feeling unsure? Try the 90 Day Challenge.
We believe so strongly in these principles, and how they will impact your life in a positive way, that we will provide a money-back guarantee. If you are a first-time giver at Calvary, we want you to take our 90 Day Challenge. Here’s how you can get started today:
- Mark an envelope with your name, address, postal code, and phone number.
- On the “special” line on our offering envelope write “90 Day Challenge”, and put your donation in the envelope.
- If, after 90 days, you are not satisfied with your decision to give, then you can request a refund, and we will reimburse what you have given during the 90 days – absolutely no strings attached!